Lemon Garlic Shrimp Fettuccine is the ultimate no recipe recipe. It’s so easy to throw together and absolutely delicious. It’s easy enough for a weeknight, but pretty enough to entertain with. I confess that I do love my pasta dishes, but this healthy fettuccine with shrimp has no cream. You also won’t miss the cream!
Tips for Healthy Fettuccine with Shrimp
Shrimp are very quick cooking so get your pasta going and when it has about 5-6 minutes left start the shrimp. You don’t want to overcook the shrimp.
You could add some broccoli or spinach to this and then you have a one pan balanced meal! Simply toss the broccoli in with the pasta for the last 3 minutes of cooking then toss it with the sauce. If you feel like you need extra olive oil or garlic you can throw that in when you combine it with the shrimp.
Don’t like shrimp – use chicken!
If you aren’t a fan of seafood, sauteed chicken breast works great too! I would recommend using whatever seasoning you like for grilled chicken or just simply sprinkle it with garlic powder, salt and a pepper. Saute in the olive oil until it’s crisp and golden!
Can I use other noodle options for my Shrimp and Fettucine
Of course! With all the tools to make veggie noodles, if you are doing the low carb thing, you can easily make veggie noodles. For this recipe I’d recommend zucchini noodles.
You could also roast some spaghetti squash and toss that with the garlic, lemon and parmesan. If you are gluten free- gluten free noodles will also work. This recipe is very versatile!
If you make this recipe- please rate it and comment below! It really helps other readers when you rate a recipe and tell us how you enjoyed it!
PIN IT For Later?
Lemon Garlic Shrimp Fettuccine
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 lb. Fettuccine
- 1 lb. Medium Shrimp, Peeled Devained
- garnish with Parmesan Cheese, optional
- Boil the pasta according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large saute pan. When the pan is hot, add the shrimp, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Toss the shrimp with the olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic until they are pink. This will only take a few minutes.
- When the pasta is finished, drain it and toss with the shrimp mixture.
- Garnish with Parmesan Cheese, lemon slices, and parsley.