Christmas crack, trash, or in this case Reindeer Food Snack Mix. Whatever you call it, it’s addictive and delicious! There are all kinds of variations to this recipe, but it’s very easy and impressive. I bring this to parties and it doesn’t take long for it to completely disappear.
Reindeer Food Snack Mix
Chances are you’ve had this irresistible holiday treat. I feel like everyone calls it something different and one thing that remains constant is the Chex with white chocolate. I have made this with popcorn, all regular Chex and this version includes Peanut Butter Chex!
The Peanut Butter Chex really give this another dimension of flavor. Peanut butter with white chocolate is delicious and plays with those salty flavors. If you can’t find Peanut Butter Chex, I recommend corn chex in place of these.
If you still want that peanut butter flavor you could use peanut butter M&M’s instead of regular. The possibilities are endless.
A Great Edible Gift for the Holidays
With cookies you really have to worry about the fresh factor. This snack mix is great up to 2 weeks so for gifts you’ll be mailing or for making ahead, it really works well. I love to do little bags of this to do as party favors or fill a tin up and take to a holiday party.
This is just one of many things I bake at the holidays where I need parchment paper. Skip the grocery store and purchase this giant pack of unbleached parchment sheets, cut to fit cookie sheets from Amazon. I buy them maybe twice a year. They really come in handy!
Sweet and salty treats are always a hit and you’ll definitely have people asking you for this recipe. If you make this Reindeer Food Snack Mix tag me on Instagram @freshfitkitchen.
PIN IT FOR LATER! Don’t forget to follow me on Pinterest @freshfitkitchen.
Reindeer Food Snack Mix
- 24 ounces White Chocolate Chips
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Peanut Butter Chex Corn Chex if you can't find peanut butter
- 3 cups Pretzel Sticks
- 1/2 cup Dry Roasted Peanuts
- 1 cup Red and Green M & M's
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over simmering water (double boiler). Just slowly stir until the chocolate is melted. You can also do this in a microwave at 30 second intervals. Just stir every 30 seconds until melted.
- Pour the Chex, pretzels, peanuts and M&M's into a large bowl.
- Pour the melted chocolate over top and stir together until coated.
- Line 2 sheet trays with parchment paper and spread the mixture out onto them in a single layer.
- Allow to sit for 2 hours then break it up into clusters.