Are you a fan of Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice? If so, this is your lucky day! I give you an Easy Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe your entire family will love. In fact, I’ll just go ahead and point you to my Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls because these two were meant to be together.
How to Make Chipotle Style Cilantro Lime Rice
The secret to fluffy rice is to let it rest once it’s done cooking. When the liquid is absorbed, you need to remove the pan from the heat and just leave it off the heat for 10 minutes. This allows any residual liquid to soak up into the rice. You also need to make sure you get that zest in there. The zest is so flavorful. All the oils in the lime are in the skin. You aren’t going to get enough flavor using just the juice. Zesting is basically just shaving the lemon skin off and to do that you simply need a Microplane. I’ll link you to the one I use. You will find all kinds of uses for one of these if you don’t have one.
Please note that this is an affiliate link.
This Easy Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe is going to be a handy recipe. Serve it alongside tacos, enchiladas or with grilled chicken or fish. It also reheats beautifully so it’s great for meal prep!
If you make this one – tag me on Instagram @freshfitkitchen. I love to see what you’re up to in the kitchen!
Easy Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe
- 2 Cups Parboiled Brown Rice Read back of package. This is not minute rice. Cook time should be 20 minutes. I use Uncle Ben's Brand.
- 4 cups Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Onion Finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. Garlic Minced
- Zest of 1 Lime
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/3 cup Cilantro Finely Chopped- You can replace with Parsley if you don't like Cilantro.
- Pour the olive oil into a pot with a tight fitting lid over medium heat. Add in the garlic, onion and lime zest.
- Saute for a minute then add 2 cups of rice. Toast the rice in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Add in the chicken stock and lime juice. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and put the lid on. Set the timer for 20 minutes. Watch the rice so it doesn't boil over. If it's still boiling reduce the heat a little more.
- The rice is done when the liquid is absorbed. Remove the pot from the heat and don't touch the rice for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork, add Cilantro, taste it and salt it to your preference then serve.
Friday 17th of May 2019
This looks super tasty!! I can’t wait to give it a try! It’s all delicious ingredients :)
Monday 20th of May 2019
Thank you! Yes we love it for taco night!