Yummy pico de gallo is all about ratios. This is my foolproof Fresh Pico De Gallo recipe and I think you’ll find it’s your go to recipe for taco night. Not only do I love this pico de gallo on tacos and burritos, but it’s fabulous on eggs as well. One of my favorite breakfasts is eggs with avocado and pico de gallo. It’s filling, fresh and satisfying!
Best Tomatoes for Fresh Pico De Gallo
I like to use Roma tomatoes for my pico de gallo. They are a meatier tomato and don’t include alot of watery seeds. You want your pico to be chunky and fresh tasting. When comparing Pico De Gallo vs. Salsa it’s really a case of more sauce with the salsa and more veggies with the pico de gallo. Since you’ll be slicing a fair amount of tomatoes for this recipe, you’ll want a really sharp knife. My favorite knife for tomato slicing is this Tomato Knife by Rada Cutlery. It’s super affordable and you can get it right on Amazon! How easy is that?
This is an affiliate link That just means that when you buy using this link I get a small commission. Same great price, you’re just helping me to keep Fresh Fit Kitchen going.
Since you’re here for the pico de gallo recipe, I am sure you’re a fan of a good Mexican style feast. I just have to point you over to my Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls. This pico is basically required for that recipe. The fresh punchy flavor from the pico is perfect for the slow cooked chicken.
Tag me on Instagram @freshfitkitchen or comment below if you make this recipe!
PIN FOR LATER!
Fresh Pico De Gallo
- 1 cup Tomato Finely chopped
- 1 cup Onion Finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Cilantro Finely Chopped
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice Juice of about 2 limes.
- 1 Jalapeno Finely Chopped, remove seeds if you want it mild.
- salt to taste
- Chop all ingredients and place in a bowl. If you want to make spicy pico de gallo leave some or all of the ribs and seeds inside the jalapeno. If you want to make mild pico de gallo remove all ribs and seeds from the jalapeno.