Calling all peanut butter lovers! These super easy Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies will satisfy that peanut butter craving- guaranteed. Imagine chewy, sweet, slightly salty cookies with chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, chocolate candies, and some coconut. Yes. You read that right.
Our local Aldi has these fun mixes for the holidays that include a variety of candies. They are called Dream Bar mixes. If you don’t have an Aldi, or you can’t find something similar, just follow the instructions in the recipe. If you are lucky enough to have the mix, use 3/4 cup.
If you have gluten free friends and family, these cookies will deliver without being just “good for a gluten free cookie.” Trust me . Everyone loves these cookies. Well, except people who don’t like peanut butter, but I mean why would have that kind of negativity in your life?
Remember Gluten Free Cookies Don’t Spread
It’s super important that you pat these down into a cookie shape after you put them on the tray. They do not spread like regular cookies due to the lack of butter and gluten. These Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies get all of their fat from the peanut butter. So, no additional fat is required.
As you can see these cookies are nice and chewy looking in the center. Gluten free cookies do not have to be a puff of dust. While I work with gluten free flours, I always go back to oats and oat flours for my gluten free cookies. They just work well for me. Truly, they are kind of fool proof.
I hope you try these and if you do, tag me on Instagram @FreshFitKitchen. Comment below and let me if you liked them.
Loaded Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/8 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/8 cup Peanut Butter Chips
- 1/4 cup Coconut Chips crushed
- 1/4 cup Colored Chocolate Candies
- sea salt For Sprinkling on Top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, combine the eggs and brown sugar.
- Add in the peanut butter, vanilla, salt, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Add in the Oats and mix until combined. Add in the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, candies and coconut chips. Mix until just combined.
- Line a cookie pan with parchment paper. Using a large cookie scoop (size is about 3 tbsp) scoop the cookies onto the pan. You don't need a lot of space because the cookies do not spread a lot. You can get 9 to a standard cookie sheet.
- Pat each cookie down into a cookie shape. The dough is sticky, so it helps to have your hands wet when you do this. Sprinkle just a little sea salt on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow the cookies to completely cool on the cookie sheet. Do not scoop onto a cooling rack. The cookies will set up as they sit on the sheet. The cookies need at least 10 minutes to cool.