Remember those little packs of mini muffins from your childhood? Me too. I cannot deny that I love them. It’s crazy how many calories are in just 4 little muffins though. These blueberry yogurt mini muffins will start your day off with no refined sugar, whole grains and a few blueberries. A serving of these is 4-5. They are literally only 33 calories each. Really you can snack away on this little delicious gems. Isn’t that exciting?
Now I know you might be thinking you don’t have time to make these muffins. You’d prefer to buy them. What if I told you that you can throw everything in the blender? You can. These literally take 3 minutes to whip up and another 11 minutes in the oven. I should think the little bit of extra time is worth the calorie savings?
If you make these blueberry yogurt mini muffins, let me know how it went in the comments below OR tag #freshfitkitchen on instagram and I’ll regram my favorites!
Tools I used for this recipe:
Blueberry Yogurt Mini Muffins
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Coconut Sugar
- 2 Bananas
- 2/3 cup Greek non-fat yogurt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss the eggs, coconut sugar, bananas, yogurt and cinnamon into a blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda and blend until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into mini muffin cups lined with paper liners and sprayed with cooking spray. Drop 3 frozen blueberries onto the top of each muffin. Push them down into the batter a little.
- Bake for 11-14 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Store in an airtight container up to 1 week.