A healthy chicken pizza recipe requiring no yeast or time to let the dough rise. What do you say? I love using this 2 ingredient Greek yogurt dough to make pizza crust. You can make this with a cast iron skillet or a pizza stone. Either way Cast Iron Barbecue Chicken Pizza is going to be a family favorite!
Cast Iron Barbecue Chicken Pizza Tips
For this bbq chicken pizza, I use barbecue sauce, rotisserie chicken, red onion, part-skim mozzarella cheese and a little red onion and jalapeno for spice. You could just as easily make this a pepperoni pizza and use tomato sauce and add pepperoni. A little olive oil and cherry tomatoes and you’ve got a Margherita style pizza.
While cast iron coated in a bit of olive oil is a great way to cook this, you can use a baking sheet, pizza stone or regular pizza pan. Whatever you have on hand.
I like to keep it simple and use a rotisserie chicken for this healthy pizza recipe, but you can also grill some boneless skinless chicken breasts and make that work. Leftover chicken is also a great option.
If you don’t want to make the dough a naan bread makes this very easy. Everyone can make their own pizza this way. That makes it a super quick meal!
Additions to Healthy Chicken Pizza
Spinach, extra vegetables like red peppers, garlic powder and Italian seasoning are great ways to jazz up this pizza. Once you have the pizza base the possibilities are endless and pizza becomes a great vehicle for extra veggies! Use your family’s favorite toppings and I promise you this will be a recipe the whole family can enjoy.
Healthy eating doesn’t have to mean giving up your favorites. Easy Dinner Recipes like these mean you have enough time to eat well and reach your goals!
It can be bbq chicken pizza for you, cheese pizza for the kids , and a veggie pizza for your veggies lovers. Recipes like this are very flexible without feeling like a short order cook.
I think a cast iron skillet is the perfect workhorse in the kitchen. You just don’t need all the other stuff if you have it! Bonus- your other chicken recipes when level up when you pan sear with cast iron!https://amzn.to/3zzVwbG
I like to use an olive oil sprayer to the pan nice and coated without using too much oil. I love this one.
Share and Rate this Healthy Chicken Pizza Recipe
When you share and rate my recipes, it’s a big help! Let me know how this recipe went in the comments below. Share your favorite pizza toppings with other readers!
Please note that nutrition data reflects the barbecue chicken version of the pizza.
This post was last updated on July 2nd, 2022.
Cast Iron Barbecue Chicken Pizza
- 1 Cup Greek non-fat yogurt
- 2 Cups Self rising flour
- 2 Cups Chicken Breast, Cubed
- 1/2 Cup Barbecue Sauce
- 2 Cups part skim mozzarella cheese
- diced jalapeno and onion, optional
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, mix together the Greek yogurt and flour until a nice dough consistency forms.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and roll into a 12 inch circle.
- Lightly coat the bottom of a cast iron skillet (12 inch) with olive oil and put it over medium heat. When the oil starts to shimmer, put the dough into the pan and quickly spread it out. If there is excess on the sides just roll it down to form a nice crust. Be careful because the pan is hot.
- Allow the dough to cook for just a minute or two. Then remove it from the heat and spread on barbecue sauce, add some cheese, then chicken, then more cheese. Place in the bottom half of the oven for 15-17 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden brown.