When you are passing appetizers at a party, the perfect vehicle is a wonton cup! These crispy wonton cups are filled with delicious spinach dip! So whether it’s the holidays are game day, you are going to love these Cheesy Spinach Dip Wonton Cups. Wonton cup appetizers are easy, portable and fun!
Cheesy Spinach Dip Wonton Cups Tips
A muffin pan is the best way to make these so make sure you have one and that you spray each cup with a little cooking spray. If you find smaller than standard wontons or you want to use mini phyllo cups, you could do a mini muffin tin. These would be bite sized appetizers if you did that. Just know there are options.
These are great at room temperature which is what makes them one of my favorite appetizers. These crispy cups are delicious out of the oven or after they are on the tray. Nothing stresses a host out more than food temperature issues.
The crispy wonton shell becomes the chip for this delicious spinach dip, so feel free to get creative with your wonton recipes! You could do straight cream cheese wontons, add jalapeno and cheddar cheese for a jalapeno poppers version. Taco wonton cups never disappoint. Just cook some taco seasoned ground beef in a large skillet, fill those crispy wontons, and put out your favorite taco toppings.
Buffalo Chicken wonton cups also don’t disappoint. Make your favorite recipe for Buffalo Chicken dip and fill your cirspy baked wonton wrappers. Edible cups definitely solve that crowd at the dip bowl issue. See where I’m going here? This is one of those easy recipes you’ll be finding new ways to invent!
I know everyone loves their air fryer, so I’ve added air fryer instructions for these as well. See the recipe card for the full recipe and instructions!
Cheesy Spinach Dip Wonton Cups Substitutions
This easy appetizer can be made in a variety of ways. If you don’t like or have Greek Yogurt, then substitute sour cream. If you aren’t into the spice from the crushed red pepper fakes, green onions are a great choice. Don’t have garlic, use some garlic powder or omit it if it’s not your thing.
Hot sauce is a great addition if you really want to turn up the heat! If you’d like to make this dairy free, you can try using a dairy free cream cheese and sour cream to sub for the yogurt and cream cheese. You’d just omit the mozzarella and parmesan.
How to Store Leftover Crispy Baked Wontons
Probably the best part about this wonton wrapper recipe is that if you store them in an airtight container, you can re-crisp them in the air fryer or oven very easily. It only takes about 5-7 minutes at 400 degrees in the oven. If you use the air fryer do 375 degrees for 3-5 minutes. Just watch them so they don’t burn!
Here are the items I recommend for this recipe. If you purchase from these links, I make a small commission and there is no additional cost to you. I appreciate your support.
I love this Muffin Pan. It’s just standard, but works great for any muffin recipe or these baked wonton cups.
Instead of buying those cans of oil spray, I like this olive oil sprayer. Using oil without the propellants will protect your cookware and bakeware! It’s a great way to save money and protect your investment!
Leave a Star Rating and Review
I think you’ll find these are the perfect appetizer for your next party. The only thing you need is a few simple ingredients and your creativity. Please share this recipe on your social media and leave a rating and review. It helps other readers when they make my recipes and it helps my recipe show up in Google Search. Your support is everything to me. Thank you for being here!
PIN FOR LATER!
Cheesy Spinach Dip Wonton Cups
- 10 oz. Frozen Chopped Spinach, Thawed
- 1/3 cup Non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
- 1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp. Garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 24 wonton wrappers
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Thaw the spinach and squeeze as much water out as possible. I usually do this in the microwave for best results. Put the spinach in a large bowl.
- Add softened cream cheese, Dijon, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, Greek Yogurt, salt, and pepper and minced garlic.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Lay the wonton wrappers into the muffin cups and allow them to line the cups.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of the spinach dip to each wonton cup.
- Garnish with extra Parmesan and crushed red pepper flakes. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-11 minutes until the edges are crunchy.
Air Fryer Instructions
- These would work in an oven style air fryer that you can fit a muffin tin in. If you have a regular air fryer with a basket, this could be more difficult. Cook at 370 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Since Air Fryers vary, watch these because they can burn easily.