Tacos for breakfast? Heck yes! These breakfast tacos are so easy and delicious. You will want this Gluten Free Breakfast Taco recipe on the menu every weekend. You could also prep the fillings ahead of time and warm these up for breakfast throughout the week.
The secret to getting these breakfast tacos extra healthy and lower carb is the use of grain free tortillas. Siete foods has some delicious grain free tortillas. They don’t fly apart. I’ve searched high and low for a grain free tortilla that doesn’t tear and this one fits the bill. This post is not sponsored and I’ll warn you, they aren’t cheap. However, if you’re looking to lighten your tacos and cut the carbs and grains, they are worth it.
I added tons of veggies to these tacos, but with the breakfast potatoes and hot sauce, they play very nicely. You could certainly add bacon or sausage to these. I just don’t think they need it.
I have plenty of taco recipes on my website, but none for breakfast. That is all changed today! If you make these tag me on Instagram @freshfitkitchen and don’t forget to pin for later!
Gluten Free Breakfast Tacos
- 2 cups Diced Potatoes use fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup Onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Yellow or Red Bell Pepper finely chopped
- 1 cup Spinach chopped
- 7 large Eggs Mixed up for scrambling. I simply whisk them and add a pinch of salt and pepper. No milk or water.
- salt and pepper to taste
- Hot Sauce I like Cholula Brand. Use what you like.
- In a large skillet, heat up 2 tbsp. of avocado oil. Add the potatoes in. Cover with a lid for the first 5 minutes to allow the potatoes to steam and soften. Stir occasionally. I like using the frozen diced breakfast potatoes for this. Note that if you use fresh, the cook time will take longer.
- After the potatoes soften, remove the lid and add in the pepper and onion. Allow the potatoes, peppers and onions to brown . When they are cooked through and crisp, move them to a plate and add a little olive oil to the skillet (about 2 tsp.).
- You may want to move the pan off the heat for minute and add the eggs. Turn the heat down to low so your eggs don't cook too quickly. Add in the spinach and slowly fold the eggs until they are cooked to your liking. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep your eggs and potatoes warm while you warm some tortillas in a skillet. I like to use a cast iron skillet and just put it up on high. If you have a gas stove, I'd recommend toasting over the open flame. It will only take like 10 seconds per tortilla.
- I used Siete Foods Grain Free tortillas for this recipe. You can also use corn. Add 1/8th of the egg mix , some of the potatoes and hot sauce to your tastes. You can add cheese or avocado too. Just know that changes the nutrition info. ENJOY!