I can really get behind anything acting as a vehicle for pizza. We had a big bag of mini peppers I had every intention of enjoying with some hummus and it just never hit the spot that week. I wanted pizza and I thought what if I could make my vegetables taste like pizza? Yes! Stuffed Mini Pizza Peppers. I think we have a winner my friends!
Stuffed Mini Pizza Peppers- Pizza without Crust
Everyone seems to be on that low carb keto train and while it’s not my jam, I can appreciate all food. It turns out pizza can kind of happen anywhere there’s a flat surface. I often get peppers on my pizza so this recipe is literally my version of pizza with no crust. I love a good gluten filled crust, but like I said these are cute little appetizers that level up on my college obsession with Totino’s brand Pizza Rolls. You remember those? There is a 95% chance you will have 3rd degree burns on the roof of your mouth and my goodness are they delicious. So, if you have a family member who’s picky about their veggies, try turning them into pizza!
I really hope you try these Stuffed Mini Pizza Peppers. They are sure to become a family favorite or a hit at the appetizer table. Tag me on Instagram @freshfitkitchen if you try them!
PIN FOR LATER!
Stuffed Mini Pizza Peppers
- 8 Mini Sweet Peppers Cut in half and seeds removed.
- 4 String Cheese Sticks Cut into 4 lengthwise pieces each
- 16 tsp. Pizza Sauce
- 32 Mini Pepperoni Slices You can also cut regular pieces of pepperoni.
- Cut peppers lengthwise and clean out the seeds and ribs. Cut the string cheese sticks into 4 equal lengthwise pieces.
- Lay the peppers down and add 1 tsp. of the sauce, then the string cheese slice (you may need to cut to fit), then pepperonis. Work until you have all 16 halves completed.
- You can broil these a few inches from your oven broiler for 3-5 minutes (watch them closely!) OR AIR FRY THEM (my preferred method) at 360 degrees for 6-8 minutes.