I travel with food a lot in the summer. Some foods travel well and for others quality suffers during the trip. Whether you’re at the beach or the ball game, sometimes you need a yummy portable meal. This Veggie Hummus Mini Wrap Recipe will make nutrition on the go easy! They would also make a fabulous party sandwich for your vegetarian or vegan guests.
Vegetable Hummus Wrap Recipe Tips
It’s important to cut your vegetables uniformly so that the wrap rolls up well. I used matchstick carrots, cucumber strips, spinach, some shredded purple cabbage and yellow peppers.
You can use whatever you like, just make sure to cut the vegetables in strips and make an even layer. I layered the hummus, then spinach, then the peppers, cucumbers, and carrots. You’ll want to roll it all up, then cut the curved ends off, and finally you’ll slice it into 4 mini roll ups.
What goes with Hummus?
Peppers, Cucumbers, tomato, carrots, spinach, radishes and spring onions are a great place to start. Anything that you’d serve with hummus on a platter, you can slice and add to this veggie hummus mini wrap recipe.
I’d advise you to plan 4 pieces per person if these are a main dish or 2 per person if they are a party appetizer. It just depends. You can make the hummus or purchase it from the store. I highly recommend making it yourself. I give you my easy recipe below. It just tastes so much better!
If you make these please leave a rating and review below. I love hearing how recipes turned out and you’ll be helping other readers!
Pin for Later:
Veggie Hummus Mini Wraps
- 2 cups Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tbsp. Tahini
- 1/4 cup water *Add to hummus to achieve desired consistency
- 3 Multigrain Tortillas, Burrito Size
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup Yellow Pepper Strips
- 1/2 cup Matchstick Carrots
- 1/2 cup Purple Cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup Cucumber, cut into thin strips
- salt, to taste
- Hummus: In the bowl of a food processor add chickpeas, cumin, garlic and tahini. Gently pulse until things come together. Slowly add water to achieve your desired consistency. Add salt to taste. Set the hummus aside and prep your vegetables.
- Soften the tortillas in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Lay a tortilla flat on your cutting board. Add about 2 tbsp of hummus, an even layer of spinach, then the other vegetables. Stick to a single layer , since you don't want to struggle to roll it up.
- Take the side of the tortilla closest to you and roll it away from you until you form a roll up shape. Cut the curved ends off, then slice it into 4 equal pieces. Repeat with the other tortillas.