Got Bacon? Got Eggs? Love tacos? Read on my friends, because this recipe for Bacon Egg Breakfast Tacos is beyond delicious and your family and friends will be begging you to make them again! So, get ready to read up on how to make the best breakfast tacos right at home!
Bacon Egg Breakfast Taco Tips
The biggest thing with this recipe is making sure everything is hot at the same time and ready to go into your warm tortillas. I prefer crispy bacon bits over bacon strips for this, but I’ll let you decide that.
I make some crispy hash browns with these because it just sends it over the top. If you are making hash browns, you’ll want to start those and the bacon first. I cut my bacon into small pieces so I have those crispy bits. Use a large skillet for this so your bacon has plenty of time to get brown.
Pro Tip start the bacon in a cold pan. This gives the bacon more time to render the bacon fat .
You’ll want another cast iron skillet (or your gas stove works too) to char up those corn tortillas. I love corn tortillas, but if you like flour tortillas, feel free to use those! I heat my tortillas over medium-high heat in a cast iron skillet. I have an electric stove so this makes the most sense for me.
If you are pressed for time, feel free to heat up your tortillas on a plate covered with a damp paper towel.
In a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat you’ll make your eggs. You’ll make the eggs and heat up the tortillas last as those are the quickest cooking items.
Breakfast Tacos Substitutions
Bacon, egg, pico de gallo, cheese and creamy avocado are my jam, but these breakfast tacos are great for a crowd, because you can sub in your favorite things. Vegetarians can make egg tacos with hot sauce and avocado.
Meat eaters can add breakfast sausage or ham. All forms of breakfast meat will work! Leftover steak? Add that too!
Put out everything- egg mixture, cheddar cheese, queso fresco, lime juice or lime wedges, sour cream, pico, fresh cilantro, salsa verde, hot sauce, bacon pieces, sausage, and avocado- and let everyone get creative!
This is such a delicious weekend brunch idea!
Easy Healthy Breakfast Tacos
If you want a healthy balanced breakfast, these tacos deliver carbs, protein and fats. Don’t want to use regular bacon? How about turkey bacon or canadian bacon? Add a bunch of extra veggies to your egg mixture. The versatility of this recipe is precisely why it shines!
You can use homemade or store bought pico de gallo. I have a pico de gallo recipe in one of my previous posts. I highly recommend making it and keeping it on hand for all kinds of things. It’s delicious and easy.
These incredible breakfast tacos also make an awesome weeknight dinner! I loved it when we had breakfast for dinner as a kid. Tacos were also a favorite so why not bring them together?
If you love this recipe… check out…
If you love this recipe check out my recipe for breakfast burritos. These are perfect to make ahead for the week. You can even freeze them and thaw out as needed!
Items I Love Using to Make this Recipe
Please note that these are affiliate links. This just means when you use the link, you are supporting my blog. I get a small commission and you get the same great price!
Rate and Review This Recipe- Pin it for Later!
If you make these please rate and review the recipe. I love hearing how my recipes go for you in the comments and your ratings help support Fresh Fit Kitchen!
Bacon Egg Breakfast Tacos
- 5 large Eggs Whisked together with salt and pepper.
- 6 slices Bacon Chopped into small cubes
- 1/3 cup Cheddar Cheese Or Mexican Cheese Blend
- 1 Avocado sliced, you'll probably need half of it for 2 people.
- 1/3 cup Pico De Gallo Homemade or Store Bought
- 6 Corn Tortillas Charred in a skillet or microwaved
- 2 cups Crispy Crown Hash Browns Served on the side; optional
- Whisk together the eggs and set aside. If you are making the hash browns to serve with this go ahead and get those started in the air fryer or oven. I just use the ones from the package. Feel free to use your favorite!
- Dice up the bacon and start it over medium heat. Add the bacon to a cold pan. This will render the fat better. Cook until crisp.
- When the bacon is almost done, make your eggs. Just scramble the eggs over medium heat. Feel free to go ahead and add your cheese if you like your cheese melty.
- When the bacon is done move it to a paper towel lined plate. Cover the eggs with foil to keep them warm.
- Toast your tortillas in a dry pan or over an open flame on a gas stove. Microwaving them is also fine.
- Set out your preferred toppings. I like pico de gallo, avocado and hot sauce, build your tacos and serve.