Baked oatmeal has been my favorite lately. I think it’s the cold weather. Although I work from home, my husband needs breakfast to take to work and I don’t like messing up the kitchen during the day. Making breakfast ahead is just one way I keep the week low stress. Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal has all the flavor an apple crisp in something that’s perfectly acceptable for breakfast.
Your oatmeal should easily slice into pieces. I make mine in an 8×8 dish and we just cut it into 4 equal pieces and serve. This works out to about 1/2 cup oats per serving per person which is traditional in oatmeal servings. The eggs bump up the protein too, so you can’t beat that.
If you’re looking to switch it up, try my Baked Banana Bread Oatmeal. If you make either of these make sure you tag me on Instagram @freshfitkitchen. I love to see what you’re up to in the kitchen!
Pin for later!
Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Milk Almond Milk or Regular Milk.
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1.5 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Oats Not Quick Cooking
- 1 large Apple I like to use Honey Crisp or Pink Lady. Just use your favorite apple.
- Preheat oven to 375 DegreesIn a large bowl mix together the eggs, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in the oats and apple chunks.
- Pour into an 8x8 dish sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes or until the middle is set. You should be able to easily slice the oatmeal when you're through.