These blueberry protein oat bars have all the nutrition of a healthy breakfast. Whole grains, fats and protein will keep you satisfied until your lunch hour. The best part- they are really easy to make and you can make them ahead.
Blueberry Protein Oat Bars Substitutions
- Honey can be swapped for maple syrup.
- If you are gluten free, just be sure to use certified gluten free oats.
- Don’t like blueberries? That’s ok! Use apples, raspberries or even cut up banana.
If you like a sweet breakfast, but don’t want to crash before lunch, these bars will be right up your alley. I like to serve them with a little butter on top and a drizzle of honey.
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment and rating below! I love hearing how they work out for you.
Recipes with oatmeal for breakfast are some of my favorites. They lend that warm, comforting and whole grain goodness you need to start your day. Enjoy!
Blueberry Oat Protein Bars
Blueberry Oat Protein Bars are a delicious whole grain, high protein and healthy breakfast. Take them on the go and stay full until lunch!
- 1 cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 1 cup Oat Flour Oats ground in the food processor or blender work here too.
- 3 tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 cup Milk Fat Free or 2% is fine.
- 1/4 cup Avocado Oil or any cooking oil like canola or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Honey or Maple Syrup
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 large Egg White
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Protein Powder optional- I like to use Active Stacks Vanilla.
- 1 cup Blueberries
In a large bowl- mix together the milk, eggs, egg white, vanilla, honey, and oil.
Add in the oats, oat flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and protein powder. Stir until just combined.
Fold in the blueberries.
Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper and pour in the oat mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 37-41 minutes. Remove the bars from the pan to cool on a wire rack for 20-30 minutes. Cut and serve. Any leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week or frozen then thawed to enjoy later.
Nutrition information is calculated with the avocado oil .