Tacos are a universally loved dish. Lately it seems there are these little taco places popping up serving street tacos. There’s a restaurant not far from my house that has a .99 cent Taco Tuesday. Any time I have to go in the office to work on a Tuesday, you know where I am having lunch. These Chili Lime Chicken Street Tacos were born out of my love for .99 cent Taco Tuesdays. They are simple, flavorful, and super healthy when you consider how heavy taco land can be.
Tacos with Trader Joe’s Chili Lime Seasoning
The key ingredient seasoning these tacos is Trader Joes Chili Lime Taco Seasoning. I don’t live near Trader Joes so I order mine on Amazon.
If you don’t have this seasoning you can easily zest a lime with some chili powder, salt and pepper and just sprinkle that over your chicken before grilling. The seasoning just keeps it simple. Here’s a link so you can get yours.
What is a Street Taco?
I don’t dress these tacos with a ton of toppings. The simplicity of street tacos is that you don’t over stuff them with ingredients. They are easily rolled up and eaten on the side of the street. I added guacamole and romaine lettuce. Nothing else. If you like your tacos extra spicy, I might recommend some hot sauce.
Think of your street tacos as easy to eat, simple and full of just a few really flavorful ingredients. Go to any taco cart and you will find the tacos are filled with a little bit of flavorful fillings and some simple toppings.
Taco Tuesday Recipes
I have an entire section of this blog dedicated to Taco Tuesday Recipes. Check it out my friends. I think you’ll find something there for all of your Taco Tuesday cravings. All of these Taco Tuesday recipes are relatively healthy too. I believe you can make fun food healthy too.
I really hope you make these Chili Lime Chicken Street Tacos and if you do tag me on Instagram @FreshFitKitchen.
Pin this one for Later!
Chili Lime Chicken Street Tacos
- 12 ounces Chicken Breast pounded to 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tsp. Trader Joe's Chili Lime Seasoning See recipe notes below for how to create your own.
- 8 Corn Tortillas Check the label if you need certified gluten free.
- 2 Avocados
- 1 Lime Juiced
- 1/2 Jalapeno Finely chopped and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup onion Finely chopped
- 1 cup Romaine Lettuce shredded
- Preheat a non stick grill pan or skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/2 inch thickness. Sprinkle with Chili Lime seasoning. Grill 3-4 minutes per side then move to a plate to rest before slicing.
- In the same skillet heat up the corn tortillas. This will only take 30 seconds per side so watch carefully. You're just looking to warm them up and blister them slightly.
- To prepare the guacamole- mash the avocado with the lime, onion and jalapeno. Then sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Serve the tacos in the warmed tortillas with the lettuce and guacamole.
If you don't have Trader Joes Chili Lime Seasoning: Mix together 1 tbsp. chili powder, 1 tsp. of salt, 1/2 tsp. pepper, and zest of 1 lime in a bowl. Sprinkle over the chicken before grilling.