Oh hey there Cranberry Orange Whole Grain Muffins. You’re just the breakfast treat to kick off the holiday season. Mixing these up, the orange smells like the world’s best dreamsicle. You’ll know you’ve done it right when that fresh creamy citrus scent hits your nose. The little jewel toned cranberries are so festive. You’ll want this on your brunch or breakfast table this holiday season.
I highly recommend that you do not use fresh cranberries for these. The dried have some sweetness. The fresh ones will be so tart, you’ll need far too much sugar for this to be a healthy-ish muffin recipe. When you rehydrate the dried ones with hot water, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at the texture and sweetness they add to the muffins.
I think you’re going to love this Cranberry Orange Whole Grain Muffin Recipe. If you make these, please tag me on Instagram @Freshfitkitchen. I’d love to hear how it went!
Pin for Later!
Cranberry Orange Whole Grain Muffins
- 3/4 cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 cup Hot Water
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 Orange
- Juice of 2 Oranges about 1/3 cup
- 1/3 cup Greek Yogurt nonfat
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pour the cranberries into a bowl and cover them with hot water. Allow them to sit while you mix up the rest of the batter. This will reconstitute the cranberries.
- In a large bowl mix together the honey, eggs, vanilla, zest of 1 orange, juice of 2 oranges, Greek yogurt and sugar.
- Slowly add in the flours 1/2 cup at a time. Add the baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix in the vanilla almond milk. Fold in the cranberries.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.