This Easy Breakfast Burrito Bowl recipe is a healthy burrito bowl recipe you’ll want to make over and over. Breakfast burritos are delicious, but let’s face it, the toppings are where it’s at and this breakfast bowl delivers. It’s a hearty breakfast you’ll want to reach for.
Healthy Breakfast Burrito Bowl Tips
The base of this healthy breakfast burrito bowl is breakfast potatoes with onions and peppers, eggs and homemade pico de gallo. I skip cheese and sour cream or heavy sauces. They simply don’t agree with me.
You can make your own breakfast potatoes, but I love these potatoes O’Brien that you a get in the freezer section. I just cook them up in a skillet with some olive oil. They already have red bell peppers and onions.
These easy breakfast burrito bowls can be made in one large skillet. Other than prepping the pico de gallo (or buying it) you can make quick work of this one! Just keep that skillet at medium-high heat and go.
Breakfast Burrito Bowl Variations and Substitutes
If you don’t want to do regular potatoes, do black beans or sweet potatoes for your carb. These can also be made with breakfast sausage, ham, or you can go meat free. Refried beans would give Huevos Rancheros vibes. Throw some crushed tortilla chips into your scrambled eggs for migas vibes. There are just so many good ideas.
If you want to make a Vegan breakfast burrito bowl you could sub in the scrambled eggs for tofu scramble or soy chorizo. If you aren’t into a scramble then serve a fried sunny side up fried egg on top.
To dress this up at the end, you can serve it with avocado, cheddar cheese, jalapeno pepper, fresh salsa, hot sauce, or fresh cilantro. A combo of any of these toppings would be delicious. This is by far going to be one of your most versatile breakfast recipes! So, add all your favorite things and enjoy.
My favorite way to serve these burrito bowls is with the fresh pico de gallo and avocado and a lime wedge on the side. I tend to keep it simple! This is just an excellent way to hit all those macros first thing in the morning! May I suggest you meal prep some of these bowls for busy mornings?
Items I use to make this recipe
Here are some of the items I use to make this easy recipe. These are affiliate links. If you buy from these links, I make a small commission which is super helpful to me. It’s at no additional cost to you.
This is my favorite large cast iron skillet. This is my favorite skillet for preparing this recipe. Just make sure it’s well seasoned so your eggs don’t stick.
This Olive Oil Sprayer is one of my favorite kitchen tools. It controls the amount of oil I use in recipes.
Leave a Recipe Rating and Review
I hope you enjoy this recipe. You can make it more indulgent or pack it with healthy ingredients. The breakfast burrito bowl is sure to end up on your favorites list. They are just so good! If you make these, please leave a comment and rating below. These comments help other readers when they make the recipe. Note that nutritional information will vary greatly depending on what you use.
PIN this for LATER my FRIENDS, because it is THAT GOOD. Tag me on Instagram @freshfitkitchen if you make this one 😉
This recipe was last updated 3/6/23.
Easy Breakfast Burrito Bowl Recipe
- 2 cups Frozen Breakfast Potatoes with Peppers and Onions I like Ore Ida Brand Potatoes o'brien. You can also cook your own and add peppers and onions.
- 6 slices Bacon
- 6 large Eggs Scrambled
- 2 small Roma Tomatoes Finely Chopped
- 1/2 small Onion Finely Chopped
- 1 small Jalapeno Finely Chopped
- Juice of one Lime
- Mix together the chopped tomato, jalapeno, onion, lime juice and salt. Set it aside while you get everything else ready.
- Cook the breakfast potatoes according to package instructions. Season evenly with salt and pepper.
- Fry your bacon and drain it on paper towels.
- Mix eggs up. I don't add cream or milk to mine. I think they are fluffiest when you whip them really good and add salt and pepper.
- Pour the eggs into a non stick skillet over medium heat. Stir and scramble them up until cooked through and fluffy.
- Assemble everything into a bowl and top with pico de gallo. Avocado or cheese would also be a nice addition.