Risotto- I bet you only order it in restaurants or fix it for special occasions. It’s so simple as far as the ingredient list, but it’s also very elegant. This recipe for Instant Pot Spring Risotto will have you wanting to make Risotto on a Wednesday. It is literally a set it and forget it method that negates the stirring and waiting that traditional risotto recipes require. You’ll also notice this recipe does not use cream. It just doesn’t need it.
I have used an oven risotto recipe by Ina Garten before I got my Instant Pot. While it takes a bit longer than this method, it’s still very good and hands off. By far, my favorite method right now is in the Instant Pot. My rice was perfectly cooked. I really couldn’t have asked for a better consistency in my risotto.
You can feel free to add whatever vegetables you’d like, but I did peas and spinach because I feel those scream spring. I also love how the sweetness of the peas goes with the spinach and Parmesan Cheese. Feel free to add asparagus, mushrooms, or any other veggies you’d like. Just be sure to saute those first as they won’t cook from the heat of the risotto like the peas and spinach will.
I really hope you make this recipe this Instant Pot Spring Risotto recipe. If you do, please share on Instagram and tag me @freshfitkitchen. I love to see what you’re making!
Instant Pot Spring Risotto
- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- 2 cups Low Sodium Chicken Stock plus more to thin things out later if needed
- 2 small Shallots finely chopped- you can use onion instead if you wish. It will have to be about 1/4 cup.
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese Grated
- 1/2 cup Green Peas frozen
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turn your Instant Pot (or other electric pressure cooker) to the saute function. Add the 2 tbsp. of butter to the pot and allow it melt. Add in the shallots (or onion) and saute for 2 minutes until translucent. Pour in the rice and stir it around until it starts to toast. It will look light golden brown.
- Pour in the 2 cups of chicken stock. Stir and put the lid on the Instant Pot. Set it to high pressure and cook for 6 minutes. When the cooking time is up, quick release the steam.
- Stir the mixture together and add the Parmesan, peas , baby spinach and taste for seasoning. The heat of the risotto will cook the peas and spinach. Add salt and pepper to your desired taste. Add more chicken stock if it needs thinned out. As it sits, it will thicken.