Sweet and salty is my favorite combo and this homemade granola recipe delivers. Pumpkin Pecan Cinnamon Granola is the perfect seasonal treat. Serve it over yogurt, ice cream or just eat it by the handful right out of the jar.
Pumpkin Pecan Cinnamon Granola Recipe
Homemade granola will fill your house with the best aroma. If you are looking to relax on a cool day, make a batch of granola and curl up with a hot beverage. This homemade granola recipe is complex in flavor with the spice from the cinnamon and pumpkin, but the sweet and salty play between the sea salt and brown sugar. It’s all the flavors of the season compiled into one crunchy bite.
You don’t have to add the sea salt a the end, but I highly recommend it. I use Maldon Sea Salt. I order it on Amazon and I’ll link it for you below. It’s my favorite finishing salt. It adds that extra salty punch. I use it on top of my chocolate chip cookies too. So so good!
I have other granola recipes on the blog because I love it so much! Check these out too!
I hope you make this recipe and if you do please tag me in a photo on Instagram @freshfitkitchen. Make sure you pin it too!
Pumpkin Pecan Cinnamon Granola
- 3 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Pecans Chopped
- 1/2 cup Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Avocado Oil Can sub in Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Maldon Sea Salt or other large flake sea salt
- In a large bowl mix together the oats and pecans.
- In a large measuring cup mix together the brown sugar, honey, pumpkin, cinnamon, & kosher salt.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture over the oats and pecans. Stir together until it's all coated.
- Line a large sheet tray with parchment and spread the mixture out into a single layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Stir every 10 minutes. Watch it closely because the pecans can burn. Be very vigilant around the 24 minute mark.
- When it's finished sprinkle about 2 tsp. of large flake sea salt over top and leave it sit on the tray to cool for 1 hour. The granola will feel kinda soft when you bring it out of the oven. It will get crunchy and break off into large chunks once it cools.
- Store in a plastic bag or container for up to 1 week.