I have no less than 3 different kinds of granola in my cabinet right now. I really do love the stuff. Since I spend a fair amount on my stash, I decided to create my own. This Apple Cinnamon Pecan Granola is now on repeat for the foreseeable future. It’s too easy to make. I even slightly burnt the first batch and ate it anyway. Yes, it’s that good.
There are a few things to watch out for when it comes to granola. Granola can be a calorie and sugar bomb, but it doesn’t have to be. My Apple Cinnamon Pecan Granola is made with a little maple syrup, just a little brown sugar, plenty of cinnamon and healthy coconut oil. You have to watch out when you buy it in the store. Some brands are loaded with sugar and calories. You’re basically eating cookies for breakfast if you buy that stuff.
My favorite way to serve this is over some plain Greek Yogurt with a drizzle of honey. I also like to enjoy it as cereal with some almond milk. To make sure I don’t over eat I cut it with bran flakes. Just purchase some bran flakes and serve 1/2 cup of bran flakes with 1/4 cup of granola. It’s the epitome of delicious and nutritious.
I know that the healthy foodie world is telling you cereal is the devil, but trust me if you do it right, it can be a perfectly healthful meal. I plan to get that and potatoes off of the naughty list. Really what’s next our friend avocado? My belief is that you can enjoy any of your favorite foods. You just have to do it right and there is plenty right about this Apple Cinnamon Pecan Granola 😉
If you make this please tag me on Instagram @FreshFitKitchen. I love seeing and sharing your creations with other readers.
Pin for Later!
Apple Cinnamon Pecan Granola
- 2 cups Rolled Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 cup Quinoa not cooked
- 1/3 cup Pecans
- 1/3 cup Pepitas Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 cup Apple Chips No Sugar Added
- 1/3 cup Maple Syrup or honey if you aren't Vegan
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- Preheat Oven to 325 degrees
- Melt the coconut oil over the stove or in the microwave. Add the Brown Sugar, Cinnamon and maple syrup to the coconut oil and whisk together.
- Cover a large sheet tray with parchment paper. Dump the oats, quinoa, pepitas, and pecans onto the baking sheet. Do NOT add the Apple Chips. Pour the coconut oil mixture over the entire mixture and toss to coat.
- Put the sheet tray into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. After the first 10 minutes toss it. Then bake in 5 minute intervals tossing between each one. Watch things carefully because it can burn easily.
- The granola will take 20-25 minutes to finish baking. Pull it from the oven when it's slightly golden. Allow to cool completely. Stir in the apple chips. Granola keeps in a mason jar for up to 10 days.
If you need to make this recipe gluten free, make sure you're using Certified Gluten Free Oats. If you are not Vegan, you can use honey in place of maple syrup.