Fried rice is one of my favorite Asian food recipes. I won’t lie. I get a little sad every time I see another recipe where someone just has to replace my beloved rice with cauliflower. Rice is needed for fried rice. Now that we have that out of the way, if you’re looking to add nutritional value to your fried rice, you can try my Double Veggie Fried Rice Recipe. All the flavor and texture of fried rice, still has actual rice, but with extra veggies! Who’s in?
How to Make Crispy Fried Rice
One of the secrets to delicious fried rice is caramelizing the grains of rice so they get a nice nutty flavor. To do this you’ll want to press the rice so it’s making as much contact with the pan as possible and allow it to brown. When you go to flip it you should see a nice golden color on the grains of rice. It’s really that simple. Just be patient.
What should I add to my Fried Rice?
There are so many possibilities. Left over chicken, shrimp, ground chicken, ground beef or ham are all great protein sources for rice. Using your left over rice and protein to make fried rice is a great way to stretch leftovers into another meal.
Eggs or tofu make good vegetarian protein sources in fried rice. If you want, you can also just use any leftover veggies you have and leave out the protein.
I really hope you make this Double Veggie Fried Rice recipe. Tag me on Instagram at Freshfitkitchen if you do and please be sure to try some of my other tasty Asian recipes!
Crispy Tofu Super Food Fried Rice
5 Ingredient Healthier Orange Chicken
Chili Soy Salmon with Crispy Rice and Kale
Pin for Later!
Double Veggie Fried Rice
- 2 cup Jasmine or Brown Rice Cooked and Cooled. Rice that's been in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour is best.
- 1 cup Chopped Broccoli Frozen or Fresh
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 cup Frozen Carrots
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 4 large Eggs optional
- 1 cup Scallions Sliced white and green parts.
- 4 tbsp. Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 3 tsp. Sesame Oil
- Sesame Seeds Garnish
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add 2 tbsp. of avocado oil (vegetable or canola oil) to the skillet and allow it to get nice and hot. It will shimmer when it's ready. Add in the rice, all the vegetables (except scallions) and stir fry. Make sure you press the rice mixture into the skillet and allow the bottom to brown a bit.
- Push the rice mixture to the sides once it's cooked through and drizzle in the sesame oil. Crack the eggs over the sesame oil and scramble them together. Once they are set mix it together with the rice. Add the soy sauce, stir again and serve.
- Garnish the fried rice with scallions, sesame seeds and even some sriracha if desired.