I just told a friend that this week I’ve been on a steady diet of toaster waffles and smoothies. I even phoned in a pizza last night. I ate it cold for lunch today. Please don’t judge me. I’m a human too. We are going out of town this weekend, but I know when we return I’ll need a reset and that’s what this week’s Meal Plan Inspiration- High Protein Meals is all about. When I feel bloated or out of sorts, the first thing I do is cut back the carbs. I also increase the protein and vegetables. This week’s meal plan will have you feeling lighter and completely satisfied.
Meal Prep Inspiration- High Protein Meals Breakfast
Kale and Potato Frittata– I love frittatas for make ahead meals because they store in the fridge beautifully. You could replace the regular potato with sweet potato if you want. I just cut it into wedges and serve with a side of fruit. If kale is hard on your stomach, replace it with spinach.
Meal Prep Inspiration – High Protein Meals Dinner
Monday– You can still go meat free and have plenty of protein. Fall temps call for soup, and the easiest way to enjoy your vegetables is in a soup. This White Bean and Kale Detox Soup is packed with 26 grams of protein. As with the frittata, you can use spinach if kale upsets your stomach.
Tuesday– Just because you’re steering clear of the carbs, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy some Mexican Flavor. These Chili Stuffed Poblano Peppers will cure that craving without the added carbs and gluten.
Wednesday– Crispy Tofu Superfood Fried Rice Tofu is full of protein, but if it’s not your thing, you can replace it with chicken or some scrambled egg. Even when I am cutting back carbs, I always include whole grains like brown rice. My motto is that a healthy diet is a balanced diet even when you’re cutting back.
Thursday– Salmon Quinoa Broccoli Spa Bowl is a fresh and flavorful meal you’ll want to eat again and again. The simple clean flavors and nice ratio of lean protein and healthy fat will leave you full for hours.
Friday- Go out, but with the following tips!
I know by Friday I am usually feeling fine and ready to eat some nachos, but you worked hard this week eating well and feeling better. Don’t go all in and ruin it with a binge. Here are some ways to enjoy Friday night without waking up with a food hangover Saturday Morning.
- If you want an alcoholic drink, pick your favorite liquor (I prefer vodka) and add soda water and lots of citrus. My go-to drink is a vodka and soda with extra lime. I emphasize the extra part 😉
- Order a salad to start and skip the cheese and croutons or pick one or the other. I love the idea of splitting the difference.
- When you place your order ask for double vegetables and lose the potato. Decide what part of the meal you look most forward to. If it’s dessert, keep the rest light. If you love your potatoes, then skip dessert.
- Enjoy the conversation. Part of the joy of a meal out is just being with friends away from work.
- SHARE. I love ordering a bunch of apps and sharing. If the portions aren’t huge, you’ll only have one or two bites of something and that should be enough to fulfill the craving.
Pin this plan for later!