I absolutely love baked oatmeal. I make baked oatmeal all the time and I have recipes for Baked Banana Bread Oatmeal and Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal. It’s only fitting that I add a Pumpkin Pecan Baked Oatmeal. Pumpkin and oats work so well together. The warmth of the cinnamon and nutmeg along with the pecans scream fall!
How to Make Baked Oatmeal
Baked oatmeal is so easy. Once you get the method down simply add in your own spin on flavors. Eggs and milk form a custard (think french toast) and by baking the oats with the custard you get a baked fluffy oatmeal instead of the traditional creamy version. The flavor combos are endless and it travels and reheats really well. Pumpkin Pecan Baked Oatmeal is sure to make it to your breakfast or brunch menu. It’s just so easy and healthy. You can also easily make it dairy free by using a plant based milk. I find the eggs to be necessary to hold it together, so I don’t think you can make it vegan. You could certainly try and let me know how it goes for you.
You’ll want a good casserole dish to bake this in. I love a nice white casserole for all kinds of things. This is the perfect way to take this from oven to table.
*NOTE: This is an affiliate link. When you purchase using my link I get a small commission. It’s the same price you’d pay otherwise, but you’re helping my small business. thank you!
I hope you make this baked oatmeal recipe. Tag me on Instagram at FreshFitKitchen if you do and snap a photo and as always don’t forget to pin it for later!
Pumpkin Pecan Baked Oatmeal
- 3 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/3 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin
- 1 large Egg
- 1.5 cups Almond Milk or milk of your choice
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- In a large bowl mix together the pumpkin, vanilla, egg, maple syrup and milk.
- Add in the oats, cinnamon, pecans, nutmeg and salt. Pour the mixture into an 8x8 round or square baking dish. The size doesn't matter so much just stay close to that size range. Garnish the top with a few extra pecans.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375 or until set up and firm. Drizzle with extra maple syrup if desired.