Hello Everyone! Its been a really good week. You know those weeks where you just feel balanced. The perfect amount of work and play. I hope I can keep it going for a while. This Week at Fresh Fit Kitchen we are talking bug repellents (it’s that time of year), things I’m loving, and oh my gosh have you watched The Handmaid’s Tale?
This Post contains affiliate links. When you purchase something using these links, I get a small commission which helps me to keep this blog up and running. I appreciate it! Thank You!
1. Head on over to Amazon right now and order Julie Wampler’s cookbook, Dinner for Two: Easy and Innovative Recipes for One, Two, or a Few . Even if you’re not cooking for a small family, you can double the recipes. I am in her Facebook group and it’s the only one I really enjoy. I honestly hate Facebook, but I go there just for Julie and her recipes. The other night she posted the recipe from her cookbook for this Sriracha Honey Lime Chicken. You guys… it changed my life! I see this on my menu a lot especially because it came together in under half an hour.
2. The Handmaid’s Tale– I know I am kinda late to the party. We got an offer from Spotify to add Hulu for .99. Since I can’t pass up a good deal, we decided to do it. I really cannot decide if I can watch it. Tell me why I should keep going. Tell me why I should get past the premise that women are forced into having babies for people because this show is worth it. It’s a tough one for me. I will see how I feel beyond episode 1.
3. We are painting our kitchen and dining room this weekend. Unfortunately the entire East Coast is going to be a rainy mess. Why not paint? I really hate painting. I have a set of clothes dedicating to painting because I can’t seem to keep it off of me.
4. I have this issue with wasps building nests in my mailbox. The first time I discovered them, I was getting the mail while sitting in the car. Out come two wasps. I scream, throw my mail into the neighbors yard; a full on panic. Have I mentioned I dislike insects? My husband sprayed and knocked them down and wouldn’t you know they came back.
Now I get the mail like I am disarming a bomb. This is no way to live. He knocked the nests down again and put a dryer sheet in the mail box to keep them away as according to the internet, they hate this. I also ordered peppermint oil and made a solution of 8 ounces of water to 10 drops of oil. If you were to run into me while I get the mail now, I smell like a pack of gum. Stay tuned for whether these efforts work.
5. I am really trying to calm down. I know when you read #4 you’re like “really? because you just described an all out panic.” When it comes to the creepy crawlies, I’ll never calm down. What I mean is that I am trying to relax a little when it comes to checking off the to do list. Today was a gorgeous day and we are staring down a weekend of rain. Instead of cleaning my house because it’s Thursday and I always clean on Thursdays (like a real Sheldon Cooper), I decided to have lunch outside and sit in the sun with Stanley. It was lovely and it reminded me to calm down and let go a little. After all we are only sure we have today. Tomorrow is never a guarantee.
Before you go, I hope you received this email in your inbox because you’re signed up for my mailing list.
I also send meal plans every week! Click here to sign up!
If the weather where you are is fit for a picnic, try these recipes for your Memorial Day feast: