I love a good corn salsa and nothing says summer like sweet corn. This salsa grew out of my love of 2 things. Mexican street corn and Chipotle Corn Salsa. The cheese in this Chili Lime Street Corn Salsa is purely optional. It really just depends on whether you want a more street corn flavor or if you want it to lean toward a Copycat Chipotle Corn Salsa.
Cotija cheese has more of a bite than Queso Fresco. Think of Cotija as the feta of Mexican food and Queso Fresco as the mozzarella on the cheese scale. Both are lovely. It just depends on your tastes. Like I said , this is purely optional. The Trader Joe’s Chile Lime Seasoning is one of my favorites. I use it in my easy Chili Lime Street Tacos. It’s a very versatile seasoning. If you don’t have it, I gave you instructions for making it on your own, but I highly recommend you order it.
I would recommend serving this salsa on fish tacos, with chips, over grilled chicken or on top of a big batch of nachos. You can easily keep it on the mild side for those who are more sensitive to spice due to the sweetness in the corn.
If you make this yummy recipe, please tag me on Instagram at Fresh Fit Kitchen. Pin it for Later too the comment below and tell me how you liked this recipe!
Chili Lime Street Corn Salsa
- 24 ounces Sweet Corn Frozen or cut off the cob
- 1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper Finely Chopped
- 1/4 cup Red Onion Finely Chopped
- 1/4 cup Jalapeno Ribs and seeds removed
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup Cotija or Queso Fresco Cheese optional-leave out if Vegan
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 tsp Trader Joe's Chili Lime Seasoning If you don't have this seasoning use 2 tsp. Chili Powder and zest of 1 lime.
- salt to taste
- If you corn is frozen- cook according to package directions. I like to use the steamable bags of corn for this. If it's not frozen, just cut it fresh off the cob.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Drizzle a little avocado oil into the pan. Allow it to get super hot. Add the corn and char the outside.
- Stir in the red pepper and just allow it slightly soften.
- Once the corn is charred, remove it from the heat and place on a sheet pan. Transfer the sheet pan to the freezer so the corn can cool. Chop up your onion, cilantro and jalapeno.
- When the corn and pepper mixture is cooled off, toss it together with the onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, chili lime seasoning and salt. Taste for seasoning and add more salt, jalapeno or chili lime seasoning to your desired tastes.
- This is purely optional, but just before serving, you can add the Cotija or Queso Fresco cheese. This will give it that same street corn flavor.
This Week at Fresh Fit Kitchen - Fresh Fit Kitchen
Thursday 31st of May 2018
[…] we did make it to a friend’s house for a picnic this past Monday for Memorial Day. I brought this Chili Lime Street Corn Salsa and the recipe is currently on the […]