It’s that time of year. The big game is coming up and it’s an Olympic year. I love the Olympics. I still remember my Mom letting me stay up super late to see Kristi Yamaguchi take gold. A big batch of White Bean Chicken Quinoa Chili seems the perfect way to celebrate the season.
Healthy White Chicken Chili Recipe- The Secret
The quinoa in this recipe serves as a natural thickener. It also adds extra protein. It’s really a win-win my friends. I love chili. One of my other favorites is my Butternut Squash Black Bean Chili. Whether you go for a rich tomato based chili like that one or the fresh spicy lime flavor in this White Bean Chicken Quinoa Chili; I think I have something that will satisfy you.
Jalapeno and sour cream are the perfect garnishes for white bean chicken chili. You could also add some cheese. Queso fresco comes recommended or avocado. So, you really can’t go wrong.
Made this chili? Tag me on Instagram @FreshFitKitchen! I’d love to hear how this recipe went for you in the comments below. Share any changes you made and enjoyed. Other readers and I benefit from your feedback.
PIN FOR LATER!
White Bean Chicken Quinoa Chili
- 2 large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 15 ounces White Beans Cannelini or Navy Beans
- 4 ounces Canned Diced Green Chilies
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 tbsp. garlic minced
- 1.5 tbsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tbsp. Ground Corriander
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 Jalapeno Thinly Sliced -for garnish
- Light Sour Cream for garnish
- 1/4 cup Cilantro minced
- In a large soup pot or dutch oven saute the onion, garlic and diced green chilies.
- Add in an even sprinkle of salt and pepper along with the Coriander and Cumin. Stir around until it becomes fragrant.
- Add in the chicken breasts and pour in 3 cups of the chicken stock. Bring to a low boil then reduce to a very low simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pull the chicken out and shred it with two forks. Return to the pot with the white beans and quinoa. Simmer on low for 30 minutes.
- Add in the other cup of chicken stock if needed to thin out the chili. Stir in the lime juice.
- Serve with sour cream, thinly sliced jalapeno and cilantro.
- FOR THE INSTANT POT/ELECTRIC PRESSURE COOKER- Follow all of the instructions for sauteing, but use the saute function on the Instant Pot/Electric Pressure Cooker. Add the spices, chicken, beans, quinoa and broth, pressure cook for 8 minutes at high pressure (or MANUAL depending on your model.) Allow a 5 minute release then quick release the rest of the pressure before shredding the chicken with 2 forks. Stir in the lime juice and serve.
- FOR THE SLOW COOKER: Pour everything into the slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Shred chicken and serve with lime juice and garnishes.