Who remembers having hamburger helper as a kid? Yep, you have yourself a bonafied Cheeseburger Macaroni fan here. My other favorite flavor was the taco flavored pasta. I can’t remember the exact name, but these Cheesy Taco Pasta Shells will take you right back to the good old days.
This recipe is an easy weeknight meal that your entire family will love. You’ll feel all nostalgic and what kid doesn’t love cheese, pasta and tacos? Tell them you’re having all of it in one shot and I’m pretty sure they’ll be into it.
Can I use Turkey for this recipe?
Sure I don’t see why not. I prefer the beef, but if you want to lighten it further, the turkey works great!
How about Vegetarian Cheesy Taco Pasta Shells?
You could easily replace the meat in this with black beans or kidney beans. I would also encourage you to try your favorite meat alternative. I know some brands are coming out with some very convincing meat alternatives. This recipe is very adaptable to a vegetarian diet.
What kind of Taco Seasoning should I use in Cheesy Taco Pasta Shells?
Any kind you want! I like to make my own and I love this recipe for taco seasoning by Gimme Some Oven, but you can buy a packet as well.
I think that covers it! I really hope you make this. It should easily make it into your weekly meal rotation.
PIN FOR LATER!
Cheesy Taco Pasta Shells
- 3/4 lb. Medium Pasta Shells
- 1 lb. Lean Ground Beef I use 85-90% Lean.
- 2 tbsp. Taco Seasoning Or one Packet
- 1/2 cup Onion chopped
- 14 ounces Canned Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
- 2 tbsp. Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
- Brown the ground beef and onions in a large skillet. Add an even sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Add the taco seasoning and canned diced tomatoes. Simmer on low covered while you cook the pasta.
- Cook the Pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the meat mixture. Stir in the cheeses and serve. Garnish with parsley or cilantro for serving.