Here we are with the sheet pan dinners again. You guys they are just so dang good. Sheet pan dinners are also super easy to make. This one comes together in under 30 minutes and that includes cooking it. How easy is that? Crispy Chicken Spicy Broccoli Sheet Pan dinner is a twist on a child hood favorite of mine. Did your mom ever make corn flake chicken? Some recipes have you roll the chicken in butter. Others have it going into a mix of milk and egg. Either way, that cornflake coating is magic. You don’t even miss the deep fried chicken.
I used a mix of non-fat Greek Yogurt, lemon juice and Dijon mustard in place of the egg and milk. The corn flakes really are a great alternative to breading. You can even use a gluten free version if that fits your dietary needs. The Greek yogurt tenderizes and flavors the chicken and the coating is just magical.
I used smaller chicken breasts for this recipe so mine baked in about 15 minutes at 425. I highly recommend pounding your chicken to an even thickness. It will not only tenderize the chicken, but it will cook evenly. The broccoli cooks pretty quick too, so a thinner chicken breast is the way to go.
I hope you make this Crispy Chicken Spicy Broccoli Sheet Pan dinner and if you do, let me know how it went in the comments. You can also take a picture on instagram and hashtag it #freshfitkitchen. I’ll regram my favorites!
Here’s a video showing you the step by step for this recipe!
Tools I used for this recipe:
Crispy Chicken Spicy Broccoli Sheet Pan Dinner
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt, non-fat
- 1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Corn flakes, crushed
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups Broccoli Florets, fresh
- crushed red pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix together the yogurt, lemon juice and Dijon in a shallow bowl. Pour the crushed corn flakes onto a plate or shallow dish.
- Pound the chicken to an even thickness and salt and pepper on both sides. Dredge in the yogurt, then the corn flake mix. Put the chicken on a sheet pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- On the other side of the pan, put the broccoli florets. Toss with salt, pepper, and a few crushed red pepper flakes. Spray with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425 until the chicken is cooked through and the broccoli is crisp on the edges.