End of summer is the best time for a dinner salad and this Crispy Parmesan Chicken Summer Salad makes use of all that yummy summer produce like tomatoes and fresh corn. A simple dressing of olive oil, vinegar and dried herbs, my go to dressing, makes this one a winner. Olive oil and vinegar dressings are by far my favorite way to dress a salad, because they let the flavors shine through.
The Marinated Onions you see on the salad are by Teri at No Crumbs Left. The recipe is linked in the recipe notes and I highly recommend you add them. The marinating really makes the onions taste mild and delicious.
How to Make Crispy Chicken Cutlets
If you want your breading to stay on and you want that classic crispy chicken cutlet, the key is to mix in some Parmesan cheese and to use the 3 step dredging process. The flour sticks to the chicken, the egg sticks to the flour and finally the breadcrumbs adhere to the egg. Skip one of these steps and it’s like forgetting a brick in a foundation of a house. It just won’t sit right.
Salads with Seasonal Produce
If you like Chicken Milanese, you’ll probably love this recipe. It’s basically a take on that , but it uses seasonal produce like corn and tomatoes. When you add in the tang of the marinated onions, what you have is a salad that’s perfectly balanced in flavor. Eat seasonally whenever you can because everything tastes better at it’s peak.
If you make this Crispy Parmesan Chicken Summer Salad, tag me on Instagram @Freshfitkitchen. PIN IT FOR LATER TOO!
Crispy Parmesan Chicken Summer Salad
- 4 medium Chicken Cutlets About 4 ounces each and pounded to 1/4 inch thickness.
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 large Eggs Beaten
- 1 cup Italian Seasoned Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 4 cups Spring Mix
- 1 cup Tomatoes Roughly chopped
- 1 cup Fresh Corn Cut off the Cob
- 1 large Avocado Cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese Crumbled
- 1/3 cup Marinated Onions OPTIONAL-Use recipe by No Crumbs Left. Linked in Recipe notes.
- 3 tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Basil
- Salt and Pepper To taste in dressing.
- Heat about 4 tbsp. of oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Create a dredging station for your chicken. Put the flour in one shallow plate or bowl , then the eggs in another, and finally in your third shallow plate add the bread crumbs and cheese. Generously salt and pepper your eggs and flour.
- Pound your chicken to a 1/4 inch thickness. You want it thin. Then roll in the flour, then egg, then breadcrumb mix. Set aside on a plate until all 4 are breaded. Fry in the oil until golden brown and cooked through. Keep them warm in a warm oven until ready to serve.
- Assemble all ingredients on a large platter and set aside.
- Mix up the Oil, vinegar, herbs and salt and pepper in a mason jar. Taste for salt and pepper. Add more to taste.