Every once in a while I make a recipe I refer to as “stupid easy.” This Parmesan Zucchini Skillet is just that. Three ingredients and under 20 minutes, this is the kind of recipe I throw together on a week night. I actually love zucchini fries, but the process of breading each one feels so tedious. By browning the zucchini and then tossing the bread crumbs and cheese on top, I save myself the pain of breading them all individually.
You can serve this up several different ways. It is delicious along side grilled chicken or steak. This Parmesan Zucchini Skillet is also lovely with some simple pasta and marinara. I think this also plays well when served as an appetizer. Simply set out some marinara for dipping and pop open a bottle of white wine.
You want to make sure you get some of that Parmesan cheese that caramelizes on the bottom of the pan. It’s super delicious. You and your dinner guests will be fighting over it. As your garden overflows with zucchini, hopefully you’ll whip this one up. While you’re at it, be sure to check out my other zucchini recipes like Zucchini Stuffed Lasagna or Zucchini Flax and Chia Morning Muffins.
I really hope you make this Parmesan Zucchini Skillet. If you do, please tag me on Instagram @freshfitkitchen. I love seeing your creations!
Pin for Later!
Parmesan Zucchini Skillet
- 2 medium Zucchini Sliced to 1/2 an inch.
- 1/4 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a 12 inch cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Place the zucchini in a single layer.
- Brown the zucchini on both sides then add some salt and pepper. Top the zucchini with the cheese and bread crumbs. Transfer to the oven and broil for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted and brown.
Make it Gluten Free: You can use gluten free bread crumbs or just omit the bread crumbs.
If you want to make a large portion of this recipe, and don't have a skillet that can transfer to the oven, just brown the zucchini in batches and then transfer to a sheet pan before adding the breadcrumbs and cheese.