I found an entire basket of zucchini for $3 at the farmers market. This means two things. One I need to get cracking on zucchini recipes. Two I should have considered this before I tried to do a garden for myself which ended up being deer and bunny food. Now the deer and bunnies are happy and so am I. This Healthy Zucchini Banana Bread is just one of the reasons why.
You will note that I really enjoy baking with zucchini as well as cooking by the number of zucchini recipes on this blog. There’s Parmesan Zucchini Skillet, Zucchini Stuffed Lasagna, Zucchini Flax and Chia Morning Muffins, and Chicken Noodle Soup with Zucchini and Corn. For now that’s all, but expect more, because this is truly one of my favorite vegetables.
This Healthy Zucchini Banana Bread is perfect for breakfast because it has warm cinnamon, honey and banana. These ingredients also help reduce the sugar in the recipe making it all the more healthy. It’s perfect with some butter, coconut oil or almond butter on top hot out of the oven. I’ve been known to reheat a slice in the microwave too. It’s a super simple, forgiving recipe that only requires one bowl. So, bring on the zucchini and make some of this delicious Healthy Zucchini Banana Bread my friends!
PIN IT FOR LATER!
Healthy Zucchini Banana Bread
- 1 Banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Zucchini shredded
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1.5 tsp. cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 tbsp. Ground flax seed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl mix together the banana, eggs, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, almond milk and cinnamon.
- Add in the flour 1/2 a cup at a time. Then add in the baking soda, ground flax seed, and salt. Fold in the shredded zucchini. If your zucchini has a lot of moisture squeeze some out with a clean towel first.
- Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper and spray it with coconut oil spray. Leave some paper out of each side of the loaf pan so you can use it to easily remove the loaf when it's done.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Sprinkle extra cinnamon on top. Bake at 325 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Ovens can vary, so you want to watch the bread. Remember if you change the size of the pan you will need to adjust cooking time.