If you watch my Instagram stories you can see my love of almond butter. Particularly Naturally More brand Roasted Almond Butter with probiotics. I have some tummy troubles so I take all the help I can get. These Roasted Almond Butter Banana Muffins are like a package of all my favorites. I am truly surprised at how perfect they are.
I order my Naturally More Almond butter from Amazon. It’s worth the wait and if you have Prime, there is no wait. If you do not have access to a roasted almond butter, regular almond butter works fine. Because the almond butter is so rich, these muffins have no oil in them. They are also full of protein because of hemp seeds. I love to sneak hemp seeds into my smoothies and oatmeal and now into my muffins.
I am not Vegan, but I find these muffins work well with a flax egg. Flax eggs are lighter than regular eggs so they work well with the bananas in the recipe. When I bake with bananas, I usually use flax eggs, because it creates a lighter texture.
The oats on top of these are strictly for garnish, but I love the way it looks since they are so healthy looking.
If you make these Roasted Almond Butter Banana Muffins please tag me on Instagram @FreshFitKitchen. I love seeing your creations.
Pin for Later!
Roasted Almond Butter Banana Muffins
- 1 cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp. Ground flax seed
- 3 tbsp. water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/3 cup Roasted Almond Butter I prefer Naturally More Brand.
- 4 tbsp. Hemp Seeds
- 2 Bananas They should be super ripe.
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup Use Maple Syrup if Vegan.
- Oats for Garnish
- Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees
- In a small bowl mix together the 1 tbsp. flax seed meal and 3 tbsp. of water. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl mash the 2 bananas, then add in the honey or maple syrup, almond butter, vanilla extract and almond milk. Add in the flax egg. It should be slightly gelatinous like a real egg.
- Fold in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and hemp seeds. Top with Oats and bake for 14-16 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.